UVA’s Noteworthy Football Athletes
Several UVA alumni have gone on to have successful careers in the NFL.
- Matt Schaub - Holder of multiple Virginia football records and is noted as one of the most accurate passers in Atlantic Coast Conference history. Currently a QB for the Oakland Raiders and is a two-time member of the Pro Bowl team (2009 & 2012).
- Ahmad Brooks - Former first-team All-ACC (2004) and All-American (2004) performer for the Cavaliers. Currently plays for San Francisco 49ers and is a former NFC Champion (2012) and was selected to the Pro Bowl team in 2013
- Tiki Barber - Retired NFL running back for the New York Giants. He is the Giants all-time leader in rushing attempts, rushing yards and rushing touchdowns along with being in the Giants Ring of Honor and the 10,000 Rushing Yard Club. He has been selected to the Pro Bowl three times (2002, 2004 and 2005) and was an NFC champion in 2000.
- Chris Canty - Former two-time second team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection and he led the conference in tackles as both a sophomore and junior. In 2011 he was a part of the NFC Champions and eventual Superbowl winners New York Giants, where he registered career highs in tackles and sacks. He is currently a member of the Baltimore Ravens as a left defensive end.
- D’Brickashaw Ferguson - Former offensive tackle who was a first-team All-American (2005) that moved on to play for New York Jets and was name to three Pro Bowl Teams (2009, 2010 & 2011).
- Heath Miller - Former Tight-End for the Cavaliers who was a first-team All-ACC selection in both 2003 and 2004 and was also a unanimous first-team All-American in 2004. He is currently a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers where he has accumulated numerous accolades; he is a two-time Superbowl Champion (2006 & 2009) along with being selected to two Pro Bowl teams (2009 & 2012).
- Ronde Barber - Former kick returner and defensive back for the Cavaliers who was recognized as the Freshman of the Year by the ACC and also earned first-team All-ACC honors in all three seasons for the Cavaliers. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers where he played his entire career while racking up numerous notable achievements. He was a part of the 2003 Super Bowl Championship team along with five Pro Bowl selections (2001, 2004-2006, 2008), he is one of two players in the 40/20 club that recognizes players that have accumulated 40+ interceptions along with 20+ quarterback sacks). He retired in 2012.
- James Farrior - Former linebacker for the Cavaliers that was awarded a First-Team All-ACC selection in 1996. He went on to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers where he was an important piece for the defense in the 2006 and 2009 Superbowl Championship victories , he was named the Steelers MVP for the 2004 season and was selected to both the 2004 and 2008 Pro Bowl teams. He left the game of football after the 2011 season.